Friday, December 4, 2009

Colorado's Crazy Climate!


Today we are talking about the regions of Colorado and some of the weird weather conditions experienced in each of these regions. To learn about the Colorado Regions, click here.


We are experiencing quite a cold spell right now in the metro area and across the state. During times of such chilly weather, minimal sunshine, and a below zero wind chill factor, we tend to spend as little time outside as possible. We are happy to get inside and out of the cold!


But what about people who don't have a warm place to go? Homeless people often take refuge in shelters, churches, or other places open to the public to escape the worst of the cold weather. But as residents of this chilly region, what can we do to help those who are less fortunate than us during these difficult times? How can we support those in our community who are cold, hungry, and have no place to sleep at night, when the temperatures are at their lowest?


Respond with a comment that talks about what YOU can do to help the homeless and hungry in your community.

14 comments:

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I think we should make specal homes for the homeless until the crazy climate changes to normal.

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I norder to help the homeles and hungry, I think we could donate food to a shelter or help build homes for the homeless.Also, we could donate our old cloths and shoes to a donation box.Thats what I think could help the homeless.
maria

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

We think everyone should donate food, clothes, shelter etc.





by Eric & Eric

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

pantherI would b nice to them. An I would tell people to help me by doing the same as I do.An we should make homes for them.



By: Kaira

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I would start a big group of peope who would like to help people. We would start a fundraising group and we would start fiinding people who need help and give them what they need!


BY SHANEL

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

To help homeless people and give them a place to sleep. And give them food and water.



BY Shelby,Siomara

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I think to help the homeles that are hungry, and cold. I think it will be good to give them food,and go to a homeles shelter,give them warm clothse I really want to help our homeless community.
By Michelle

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

i now some reasons how too help homeless people witch are like giveing them money,macking them homes,giveing them food and put them in school so they can get a good job!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I would help the home less by
donating food shalter and clothes.





by duane

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

We should give the poor food and water. We want to give them a place to live in. We could donate blankets and clothing to homeless shelters so that when the homeless arrive, they have something to keep them warm.

By Josh and Ariel.

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I would help the homeless by donateing food,water,clothes.That what i would do to help the homeless.


Ana

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I could help the homeless people by giving homeless people water,food,and if I could a house.




Bianca & Angel

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

If I would help the poor I would give them food and shelter.But if sameone els gave them food thay would give them a diten danana if thay gave a drenk it would have a sipe.

Ms. Springer's Monkeys said...

I would let them sleep at my house for the night until it's all over. And I would let them eat food from the table. we would give them clothes and shoes. When the winter past by they could leave.

by Brian